Why we need Customer Information
We need to know your personal data in order to provide you with the goods/services you are applying for. If you do not provide this information, then we will be unable to provide the goods/services advertised. We will not collect any information from you that we do not need in order to provide and oversee the goods/services you are applying for.
Our Legal basis for processing the data is one or more of;
– The data subject has given consent to the processing of their personal data for one or more specific purposes and/or
– The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party, or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract with them;
What we will do with customers information
All the personal data we hold about you will be processed by our staff and systems in the United Kingdom. Your information may be passed to third parties, where required, to provide the goods/services you have applied for, as well as where there is a legal obligation for us to provide third parties with this information e.g. The FCA or The Police.
We will use your data to process your application for goods/services applied for. This processing will include some or all of the below:
Passing to Creditsafe, to generate credit searches.
- We will search your record at credit information services.
- In order to process your application, we will perform credit and identity checks on you with Creditsafe.
- To do this, we will supply your personal information to Creditsafe and they will give us information about you. This will include information from your credit application and about your financial situation and financial history. Credit safe will supply to us both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit, financial situation and financial history information and fraud prevention information.
- We will use this information to:
– Assess your creditworthiness and whether you can afford to take the product;
– Verify the accuracy of the data you have provided to us;
– Prevent criminal activity, fraud and money laundering;
– Trace and recover debts; and
– Ensure any offers provided to you are appropriate to your circumstances.
- If you are an owner, director or partner in a business, we may also check on your business. We will also check on any proposed guarantor, so you must have their permission to disclose their information.
- The Credit Information Service we use is:
Who the customers data will be shared with
We provide personal information to our third party IT system providers who maintain our lending platforms and we may pass your information to our technology providers, and other selected service providers for business continuity purposes only.
Our IT services providers are:
We sometimes need to share the personal information we process with the individual themselves, the customers broker and our funder. Where this is necessary we are required to comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act (1998) and the General Data Protection Regulation (2018)
We are a credit lender not a broker.
Whether the data will be sent overseas
Catfoss Finance Limited will never send customer data outside the EEA.
How long we and other organisations will keep the data
We will keep your data for no longer than necessary and in accordance with industry and regulatory best practice. The standard document retention period is seven years, after this period all personal information is destroyed.
As a customer of Catfoss Finance Limited you have the following rights related to your data and how it’s processed:
- The right to be informed – this means you must provide, at the point of collecting the data, a privacy or verbal notice informing the individual of how their personal information will be used.
- The right to access their personal information – this means that the individual has the right to know what information you hold on them, and to request a copy of it. This information must be provided free of charge.
- The right to get inaccurately recorded information corrected.
- The right to erasure – this means that the individual can request that their personal data is deleted from your records, also referred to as ‘the right to be forgotten’.
- The right to restrict how their personal information is used – this means that the individual has the right to object to how you use their personal information, including for direct marketing purposes.
- The right to receive their personal information in a legible and transferable format.
- The right to object to the use of their personal information
- Rights related to automated decision making including profiling – this means the individual has the right to refuse their personal information being used to make a decision based on an automatic process without human intervention.
For further information on how to action any of these rights please contact the data protection officer at Gareth@catfossfinance.co.uk
How customers make a complaint
Should you wish to make a complaint, you can do so by:
– Letter – Catfoss Finance Limited, Elite House, Spellowgate, Driffield, YO25 5UP
– Email – Gareth@catfossfinance.co.uk
– Telephone – 01377 258067
If we do not handle your complaint to your satisfaction within 8 weeks, you have the right of referral to the ICO who act as the data protection arbitrator.
Information Commissioner’s Office
What we do to keep customers data secure
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.